Hiroshima- snacks from convenient stores

I am a fan of convenient stores in Japan. While I was in Tokyo, I got all my 100yen stuff from Lawson Mart and even won lucky dip for 2 cans of beer from spending over 1000 yen worth of goods. My hunt for breakfast items will start immediately when I step in Japan.
Lawson Mart - During Sakura season, it is so wonderful to see these items at affordable prices. All less than 200 yen each packet. Unfortunately, I was not able to bring them home as items were meant for limited period and stocks only.

The green ones has green tea (real tea) bun with red bean fillings, the pink ones has plum paste in it. Very unique. The yellow item is a egg sponge cake. Their egg sponge cake is very spongy, fine and really delicious.
Family Mart- There is 1 family mart located at the ground floor of our Hotel (Daiwa Roynet). A day ends with a trip to this mart every day. From top left clockwise  : Steam sponge cake, red bean pancake, sakura theme pancake and white sponge cake. My favourite item is the sakura inhouse pancake. The pancake has a QQ feeling. The soft and smooth texture that makes you keep wanting to eat more.
I like the look of this white limited edition sponge cake by Family Mart. So adorable!!! They make it look like an egg and yes. It has a smooth soft spongy texture. Delicious.
The Family Mart steam sponge cake, taste as good as the ones I bought from Lawson Mart. Soft, spongy. Just so yummy.
Red bean mini bread so beautifully baked. Another product from Family Mart
At 7 Eleven- They have also a range of sponge cake and bread to choose from. I tried out the peanut bread and steam sponge cake. Steam sponge cake taste as good as the other 2 convenient stores. Look like Japanese are very good in steaming egg sponge cake.
7 Eleven-Instant noodles by Nissin. I am so crazy over this instant noodles that I brought back 16 of them back from my last trip from Fukuoka. Staff will pack a piece of wet tissue and a set of disposable chopstick for you when you buy bowl noodles from them. What so special about this instant noodles. Well, they have a piece of round char siew (pork) inside it. Yes real meat. They dried it. So when you put them in hot water, they will expand and taste exactly like real char siew. How is that?
In addition to the above, I normally buy beer, fruit beer and others from the convenient stores. Unlike Singapore, most of our convenient stores sells very standard things. (Except some). In Japan, you can find quite a lot of food stuff in these stores(Just like Taipei) and you will feel very secured when there is one of them near your hotel. Cause you will know you will never get hungry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

180331 - Hiroshima Peace Memorial park

180326 Uminonakamichi Seaside Park, Fukuoka

180329 Onomichi, Senkoji Park